This is one of my favorite weeknight meals, simply because it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. This recipe is geared for one serving, but you could easily multiply the ground beef and chili seasoning to make several servings.
Recipe for Taco Salad for One
- 1/2 Cup Ground Beef, Cooked
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/3 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese, finely grated (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero)
- 8 Sun Spot Tomatoes, quartered
- 4 Tbsp Salsa, gluten free, medium heat
- 16 - 20 Corn Tortilla Chips, gluten free
- 1 - 1 1/2 Cups Organic Spring Mix Lettuce (Baby Lettuce, Baby Greens and Radicchio)
- Ranch Dressing, gluten free
Cook ground beef with the chili powder, drain fat.
Arrange lettuce to cover plate (as pictured). Add corn tortilla chips to outer edges of plate. Place ground beef in center of lettuce bed. Add salsa and cheese around ground beef, in an alternating pattern (as pictured). Garnish with quartered tomatoes. Dress salad with ranch dressing. Enjoy!
|Gluten Free Taco Salad|
As you can see, this salad is quite simple to make and the ingredients are quite easy to find in your local grocery store. I chose the sun spot tomatoes for this recipe because they add a wonderful orange color to the salad, but if you can't locate them, you could easily use another variety. Additionally, if you prefer you could substitute a gluten free Zesty Italian Dressing in place of the Ranch Dressing. I chose the Ranch, because it is similar to having sour cream in a taco!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you! If you make the salad, let me know which dressing you chose. I enjoy reading your comments, and appreciate your visit.
Until next time...